Hentai High School Revived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hentai High School Revived

Welcome to HHSRevived, be warned for this is no ordinary adventure you are about to embark. Untold accounts of greed, corruption, and manifestation of sin beyond your wildest dreams lurk within.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

//closed Grading

Go down 
+2
Franz Wayward
Jozi Martinez
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jozi Martinez
Student
Student
Jozi Martinez

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Permanent Record
Main Affiliation: Student
Skill points:
//closed Grading L_sp21084/10000//closed Grading Empty_10  (84/10000)

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:19 pm

May I be excused from the grading system? I'm competitive enough that I'm dissatisfied with the grades I'm getting and SP, as far as I can tell, are worthless anyway unless you decide to go all rules-based and play in RPG mode.

Not being graded, "auditing" if you will, allows me to post what I want without being tempted to add 30 extra lines to a post that doesn't need them - and in fact is better without them - just to pump up a meaningless grade.

Last edited by Jozi Martinez on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.yahoo.com/jozi.martinez
Franz Wayward
Faculty
Faculty

Male
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Permanent Record
Main Affiliation: Vice Principal
Skill points:
//closed Grading L_sp2100/0//closed Grading Empty_10  (0/0)

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 pm

So basically, you're saying, seeing a grading tag below your post is a distraction? What about seeing the tags in posts belonging to others?

If you've already concluded that grading and points are worthless, I don't see what the big deal is. It'll be everywhere. It can be seen everywhere in each thread alongside names and avatars. Surely, the constant reminder will distract you as well.
Back to top Go down
Kurizu
Student
Student
Kurizu

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Permanent Record
Main Affiliation: Council Member
Skill points:
//closed Grading L_sp2101981/10000//closed Grading Empty_10  (1981/10000)

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:50 pm

In a word, no. All members must adhere to the grading system. The grading system has been set up as a rewards system. Yes, some items like sp are for the RPG mode, but the rest is used for other items like special events and dorm fees. HHSR is ever evolving into what was envisioned by it's founder. Remember, just because you cannot see over the horizon, doesn't mean that there is nothing beyond it.

We do not ask you to add 30 extra lines, but neither do we want a two sentence post. The minimum para limit is in effect to help add depth and scope, not only to your character, but to the scene you are in. Sure, it is easy to just say that "He walked into the room and sat down, waiting for the class to start." But isn't it better to read something more along the lines of "The young man was greeted by the endless chatter of his fellow classmates as he walked into the room. He dragged his feet along the ground, his head low as he tried to fight off the effects of last nights drinking games. Flopping into his seat, he placed his bag on the desk. Curling his arms around it, he laid his head down, dreading the bell that signaled the beginning of class." Your post are not just your responses, but a continuation of a story, a picture we are trying to paint together. So, with that, I implore you to come, pick up your brush and paint with us. And remember that just because the rose is red, doesn't mean that you can't see the highlights and shadows.
Back to top Go down
Jozi Martinez
Student
Student
Jozi Martinez

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Permanent Record
Skill points:
//closed Grading L_sp21084/10000//closed Grading Empty_10  (84/10000)

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:17 pm

I guess basically it's a matter of perception - I'm more than a bit competitive and I derive satisfaction from 'winning' even trivial things like these awards. 'Losing' then, will drive me to pad in an attempt to improve my score.

And frankly, I'm a good writer and I'm happy with my posts so far. They don't need the padding. They are not sparse one-line direct action sentences. I think they not only paint a picture both of my character and her motives, but of the scene around her as she interacts with it.

Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe an additional 500 characters of meandering introspection and other 500 of useless obscuring descriptive detail will improve them.

As for special events, the day I can't convince another character to pay the way into a concert or a dance for my cute-16-yr-old girl is the day I give up text-based roleplay and start spending my gaming time in WoW. And actually, if I can't get a date, there's some good angsty roleplay in that.

Dorm fees - I see the mechanic there for keeping the forum active by imposing an expense that you can only meet by posting to stay in the game/school. Yet, yeah, whatever.

I thought I'd ask. I'm sure I can learn to ignore my 'poor performance' and just enjoy the game as it flows.
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.yahoo.com/jozi.martinez
Sam
Student
Student
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 302

Permanent Record
Skill points:
//closed Grading L_sp2101947/10000//closed Grading Empty_10  (1947/10000)

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Um just to let you know knowing stranger there will come a time where he will force people to buy their own tickets and stop relying on someone else to buy it for them.
Back to top Go down
Franz Wayward
Faculty
Faculty

Male
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Permanent Record
Main Affiliation: Vice Principal
Skill points:
//closed Grading L_sp2100/0//closed Grading Empty_10  (0/0)

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:29 pm

From what I can tell, it's also a matter of pride, eh? To be honest, the grading system isn't even a marker for 'performance' or an accurate judgement of someone's writing. I wouldn't even call it grading; rather, I'd call it a reward system just for posting.

Like I said in our little PM exchange, I really hope you do not bend your posts just for these rewards. I probably don't have to tell you anyway since you're opposed to the idea. So please, do continue to post as you have and do it for the spirit of RP and for the flow of a storyline.

I, for one, do not mean for the grading system or my tags to be a label for criticism on the writing of others.

Edit: Oh, Kurizu already said that bit about it being a reward system. Hehe. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Kurizu
Student
Student
Kurizu

Male
Number of posts : 159

Permanent Record
Main Affiliation: Council Member
Skill points:
//closed Grading L_sp2101981/10000//closed Grading Empty_10  (1981/10000)

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:36 pm

I agree with the VP. It's supposed to be a reward system. It's not saying you are failing at posting. All is asked is you put the minimum, but if you feel like writing more, or are the mood to do so, then as a thank you, the reward system comes into play. So, post as much as you like, just watch the minimum and everything is okay.
Back to top Go down
Gabrielle De'loroque
Faculty
Faculty
Gabrielle De'loroque

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Permanent Record
Main Affiliation: Administrative Assiatant
Skill points:
//closed Grading L_sp210275/10000//closed Grading Empty_10  (275/10000)

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:34 am

I am aware the topic says closed but I wanted to interject this little bit of info.

The grading of one's post is not to critize your writting.

It is designed to help award points, for different areas of this role play game.

There are RPG mode's that can be bought which you have to have accured enough points for, along with you do have to pay for your dorm room and any other even that comes up.

Also there will be in the future items that you may be able to buy. It deals with the long term look of this fourm.

It really has nothing to do with your post. Though there is a minimal limit that you should post that is stated in the handbook which you aggreed to before you were allowed into the site.

Hope that helps.

Gabby
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.yahoo.com/gabrielledeloroque
raina_storm
Student
Student
raina_storm

Female
Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Permanent Record
Skill points:
//closed Grading L_sp2101183/10000//closed Grading Empty_10  (1183/10000)

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:37 am

i'm gonna jump in too...i know how you feel jozi. i felt the same way, but after a while you learn to deal with it, nothing will be done about it. no no i'm not complaining, k or my dearest vp. its just somthing you have to get used to. and the post length, just do what you feel comforrtable with, and adhere to what you agreed to and things will go fine. i dont write books like everyone else does, i have my own little rule i adhere to, though some times i push the envelope. they are not asking you to write a novel a post, just if you feel up to it, push the limit and write a little more if you are comfortable with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

//closed Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: //closed Grading   //closed Grading I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

//closed Grading
Page 1 of 1